Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the team of contractor support specialists (CSS) at Tremco Roofing & Building Maintenance have continued to support field advisors in their respective regions throughout the U.S. and Canada. In the wake of air travel restrictions, this dedicated team of professionals has risen to the challenge by making the best of extended windshield time and practicing safe Covid-19 procedures as they work with field advisors, contractors, building owners and design professionals to:
- Provide technical support for all Tremco field personnel and WTI;
- Assist the technical team and warranty department with investigations;
- Demonstrate correct application procedures for all roof systems and coatings;
- Conduct adhesion and swell testing;
- Assist with the preparation of statements of work and specifications;
- Provide support at pre-bid and pre-construction meetings; and
- Increase discretionary sales revenue.
The majority of the CSS team’s training sessions focus on Tremco’s liquid-applied roofing and coating systems. Their expertise is an effective marketing tool for the business—especially when meeting the needs of design professionals, as all the nuances of an installation process are addressed. No matter how well drafted a PowerPoint presentation may be, no training is more effective than hands-on training that is conducted in person. This modified training approach has generated tremendous interest and led to additional project opportunities for Tremco.