Each year, RPM presents its Connections Creating Value Award to recognize the RPM companies that have best exemplified successful collaboration to grow their businesses. Among the chosen winners for 2019 are Rust-Oleum and RPM Wood Finishes Group (WFG).
After discovering The Home Depot was in search of a new supplier for its interior wood stains and finishes category, Rust-Oleum and WFG quickly rose to the challenge. Tasked with matching and shipping 201 SKUs in just 70 days, the teams at Rust-Oleum and WFG leveraged the combined force of their capabilities and resources to surpass this goal—producing 132 new formulas and 188 new labels. The product line includes Varathane’s Classic Wood Stain, Stain + Poly, Gel Stains and Wood pencils, along with Watco Danish oils. As a result of this collaboration between Rust-Oleum and WFG, millions of dollars of new business and significant market share were gained in the interior wood care category.
Individuals who received the award for their role in this effort include:
- Jenny Thavenet – Director of Brand Marketing, Rust-Oleum
- Christy Bono – Assistant Brand Manager, Rust-Oleum
- Andrew Pikel – Sr. Director of Brand Marketing, Rust-Oleum
- Ryan Ramuta – R&D Chemist, Rust-Oleum
- Minghang Chen – R&D Scientist, Rust-Oleum
- Amy Belasco – Associate Manager of National Accounts, Rust-Oleum
- Jason Muntz – Sr. National Account Executive, Rust-Oleum
- Michael Beccastro – VP of Sales, Home Depot & E-Commerce, Rust-Oleum
- Kathryn Quall – Manager of Sourcing, Rust-Oleum
- John Pelliccione – Plant Manager, WFG
- Ricky Goble – Assistant Plant Manager, WFG
- Keith Murphy – Supervisor, WFG
- David Arrowood – Supervisor, WFG
- Michael Moore – Manufacturing Team Leader, WFG
- Sue Yang – Supervisor, WFG
- Colin Campbell – Director of Manufacturing, WFG
- Brandy Moore – Customer Service Representative, WFG
- Samuel Hinson – VP of Operations, WFG
Congrats to our hardworking associates from Rust-Oleum and WFG for demonstrating how connections create value across our business.