In early November, RPM announced the winners of this year’s 168 Awards at its annual Global Leadership Meeting, which was attended by 130 leaders across the company. Presented in nine different categories, the prestigious 168 Awards honor the best new products, collaboration, recent acquisitions, corporate responsibility and operational excellence across RPM and its operating companies.
- Innovation Award: DAP for its innovative new Eclipse™ Rapid Wall Repair Patches
- Connections Creating Value Award: Bedri Erdem, Rust-Oleum’s VP of R&D and corporate quality, for leading RPM’s first-ever R&D Symposium to drive collaboration and knowledge transfer among all four operating groups
- Thomas C. Sullivan Acquisition Impact Award: Nudura, the leading manufacturer and distributor of insulated concrete forms in North America, has generated significant top- and bottom-line growth since its acquisition in 2018
- 1st Minnesota Award: RPM’s center-led procurement team, led by VP of Operations Tim Kinser, for procuring scarce raw materials and generating significant cost savings despite ongoing supply chain and inflation challenges
- Environmental Impact Award: Tremco CPG’s MyTEAM envelope asset management program for promoting sustainability by extending the lifecycle of buildings
- Social Responsibility Award: Tremco/WTI’s Roofing Individuals Succeed through Education (RISE) program, whose four main pillars are designed to invest in the education of our society and employees, directly addressing the skilled labor shortages
- MS-168 Growth Award: DAP’s Dallas facility for driving unprecedented consumer demand for its products and increasing capacity despite raw material shortages
- MS-168 Plant Award: Tremco’s Mameco facility for implementing optimal plant floor management and tier meetings that resulted in greater operational efficiencies
- MS-168 Value Engineering Award: Arnette Polymers for playing an integral role in helping other RPM companies overcome supply chain challenges in order to remain operational
- MS-168 Value Engineering Award: Rust-Oleum’s R&D team for reformulating its aerosol sprays to maximize available alkyd resins, which ultimately minimized the impact of raw material shortages on its customers
A huge thank you and congratulations to all of this year’s award winners! We’re eager to see whose big ideas for growth and innovation will be honored at next year’s 168 Awards ceremony.