RPM Internal Audit Mission: To enhance and protect the assets and reputation of RPM International Inc. and its subsidiaries by providing risk-based, independent & objective assurance, advice and insight.
Key areas of focus for RPM Internal Audit include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance – Testing of key internal controls over financial reporting across RPM companies.
- Specific Scope Audits – Typically performed at smaller locations and focused on the risks associated with that location.
- Compliance Audits – Audits to assess the effectiveness of our compliance program and the selected entity’s alignment with the Values & Expectations of 168.
- Global Risk Audits – Performed globally across RPM‘s four groups and corporate. Each Global Risk Audit is designed to audit one area identified through Internal Audit’s risk assessment process as an area of potential risk or focus for the company.
- Information Technology (IT) System Implementation Audits – Provide assurance over a company’s readiness to go-live with an IT system.
- Information Security (IS) Audits – Assessment of the implementation and operating effectiveness of RPM’s IS Framework which is required for all RPM Operating Companies.
Many RPM associates have direct and frequent interaction with RPM’s internal auditors. No matter your function in the company, your daily activities are part of the overall control framework for RPM. Whether it is fulfilling customer orders, ordering raw materials from a supplier, or moving inventory from one place to another, your diligence in following our controls and processes is key to support RPM’s overall compliance with not only SOX, but other laws and regulations.
As we continue to evolve the way we work, whether that is remote or hybrid working, increased use of electronic communication, or working through operational pressures and challenges, please be mindful of keeping good records and following established processes and approval protocols.
If you see something that isn’t working, could be better or doesn’t look right, please reach out to your local management, RPM Compliance, or RPM Internal Audit.