Recently introduced by Euclid Chemical to the concrete admixtures market, EUCON AWA-P20 is an anti-washout liquid admixture that is designed to modify the rheology, or the flow, of self-consolidating concrete and prevent the loss of cement and fine aggregate during the placement of underwater concrete, while not discoloring the concrete. It can also be used to reduce excessive bleeding and segregation of concrete or mortar during pumping.
Recommended for use with Euclid’s PLASTOL line of polycarboxylate-based admixtures, EUCON AWA-P20 does not contain any added chlorides or chemicals known to promote the corrosion of steel. It also minimizes environmental impact by reducing concrete washout and eliminating the need for expensive de-watering during underwater construction.
The applications for EUCON AWA-P20 include:
- Self-consolidating concrete
- Underwater bridge and dam repair
- Underwater grouting and mortar applications
- Damming underground rivers and lakes in mining operations
- Anti-segregation aid for use with lightweight and heavyweight aggregates
- Concrete designs using gap-graded aggregates
EUCON AWA-P20 meets the ASTM C494 Type S standard specification for chemical admixtures for concrete applications, as well as the requirements of the CRD-C661-06 specification for anti-washout admixtures for concrete from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.